Thursday, March 21, 2013

Upgrading VBulletin v5 beta 26 to v5.0.0

My head nearly crash... need extra RAM to support more task..

It is really headache day when I need to spend for 2 days to upgrade VBulletin v5 Beta 26. In the development environment, I manage to upgrade it without no problem. But when I upgrade it at live environment here is the error that I received:

Unexpected Text:{?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?}
There are too many post which having the same problem but nothing solve my problem. Arghh... I really forgot to check the log error... And that is the tips to solved this problem. Finally I manage to solve it by adding this: 

Log error : Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 54669 bytes) in /home/snappy/public_html/vB5/core/includes/class_diff.php

Old Code
function compress_row($row) 
   { 
    return gzcompress(implode('|', $row), 9); 
    } 
---------------------------------------------------------- 
New Code
function compress_row($row) 
    {
     ini_set('memory_limit','512M');
     return gzcompress(implode('|', $row), 9); 
     }

Refference : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-upgrades/423983-php-memory-error-during-upgrade



No comments:

Post a Comment